Now Hiring Superintendents
MBA Energy & Industrial, formerly known as MBA Construction Co., located in Magnolia, Texas, north of Houston is seeking superintendents with experience the construction and/or erection of pre-engineered metal buildings.
The Construction Superintendent is accountable for the progress and successful completion of construction sites on time, under budget, and in accordance with project drawings, specifications and other contractual agreements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in construction of pre-engineered metal buildings or steal erection preferred.
- Experience with project planning and scheduling, contracts, and project controls and procedures preferred
- Strong organizational skills necessary
- Travel is mandatory
- Must have a valid driver license, own transportation and insurance
- Geographic flexibility a must
- Intermediate use of entire Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Ability to follow company safety guidelines a must
- Immediate Hire
- Interpreting contract drawings, specifications, and submittals.
- Work with Project Managers and Project Engineers to facilitate construction project plan
- Determine construction techniques to be used to construct the project
- Oversee quality control and safety of all construction
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and production meetings
- Maintain project schedule creating a 2-3 week look ahead
- Develop a recovery schedule
- Appropriately allocate manpower and resources
- Manage all vendors and subcontractors on a daily and weekly basis. Identifying and resolving problems as they arise
- Maintain a clean and orderly job site
- Track and manage subcontractor project scopes proactively identifying potential issues
- Other duties as directed by management
- Must be physically fit and able to be on your feet to walk the project site and safely climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 51 lbs.
- Must have own hand tools and ability to self-perform minor construction such as installation of doors, hardware, windows, and Division 10 items, and handle other minor construction items as they arise.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong commitment to safety, the team environment, customer satisfaction and quality control
- Prompt and accurate judgment with the ability to troubleshoot and solve problems as they arise
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
This is a full-time, exempt position
CONTACT: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to the address listed below:
- Please be sure to put “Superintendent Position” in the subject line of the email.